Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Outsourced to EDS

Shell IT is outsourcing all their IT Staffs out and I happened to be impacted. Check out the deal, its worth 4B USD. Damn....

http://www.businessweek.com/globalbiz/content/mar2008/gb20080331_370096.htm?campaign_id=rss_topStories

I'm going to EDS and know what, actually many of us DREAD going to EDS. We've heard of too many bad things about EDS, just to list a few.....

  1. No Pay Raise
  2. No bonus or poor bonus
  3. More work - Taking more accounts
  4. Favoritism towards Indians.
  5. Hard to get promotion
  6. No Work Life Balance

Oh dear, and we're suppose to know our package this month. They promised engineering a higher package. But in reality, outsourcing is meant for Shell to cut cost and for EDS to earn money, so where is your pay increment going to come from? Barh, at this point, its worthless to whine. We'll just have to wait for the package to know whats in it for us... But guess what? I'm contemplating a move back to Singapore to do IT Consultancy work. I'm still young, time for me to learn some new skills and move towards a brighter prospect. I hope someone in Singapore gives me a chance to prove myself!

Good luck to myself in my next career advancement!

No comments: