Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The drama of Shifting

Yesterday I finally managed to shift to my new place after soloing the moving efforts of packing and ferrying my essential stuffs such as my PC. Lots of drama but I THINK I've finally settled down a little more calmly...

Although I'm in the computing industry and I know that the computer is dumb and its just a box of electronic chips and circuits, sometimes my PC tends to let off some kind of "fear" aura which makes me think its got a mind of its own and its out to play a fool of me! I have HORRIBLE experience in "Migrating" PC's from 1 physical location to another physical location. (Note I used physical because I'm not referring to my divestment project when I migrate machines across domains!).

In all my experiences of migrating desktops physically, every time they arrive at their destination, they would almost certainly refuse to start, or would start and crash! From JB to INTI Hostel, it refused to start because the RAM was loose. Ok, thats simple to diagnose and fix. Then from INTI Hostel to Desa Casuarina house, it refused to start again. This time, it was the power supply, so I have to replace it. And then from Casuarina house 1 to house 2, it refused to start again. If i remember correctly, I think the Graphic card was loose.... And that was my Hyper Threading PC, the blue I-Cute casing.

So okay, when I started work at Shell, I bought a new PC as well after a couple of months. This time I changed to a Cooler Master casing, in hope that I don't get "Loose" problems. When I was moving my PC to my new place, I thought to myself... "damn... got a feeling the PC's gonna screw me up again...".

And damn I was right! Stupid PC! After several hours of messing around my PC, I managed to fix my OS, fix my DVD Rom, fix my display.. However.... I have to declare the death of my Leadtek Nvidia GeForce 8800GT...

Thanks for serving me the last 2-3 years and wasting my 800 bucks! >.<

No comments: