Friday, January 2, 2009

Reflecting on the year 2008

I kinda have this habit of reflecting on the year that has just passed me by. Time and tide waits for no man, and the year 2008 has ended just like that. It is amazing just to think about the series of events that has happened in the year 2008 and how one was able to pull through it even though at the moment of incident one thought everything is just about to crash and burn...

2008 has been the most eventful year that I have personally gone through after suriving thus far for 22 and a half years. It has been tough and challenging both mentally and physically with ups and downs from all the major aspects of my life. Work for one, reached its toll towards the 2nd half of the year and caused my capacity to reach beyond its current limit with damaging effects. It has been a rather disappointing and awful year for me. Apart from a few things, almost every other thing went against my way.

It even went down to the point that a number of people were telling that I look very stressed up or down or some even went to the point of saying "hey, this isn't like you at all...". I kinda have this habbit of worrying over far too many things and far too many people and sometimes, things and people that I shouldn't even be wasting my time and emotional energy worrying about. Lots of fear has also crept over me in the year. I bet it came together with the worries, LOL!!! I guess one of my goals for this year is to worry less!!! =)

But I guess the year is over and I want to leave all those bad and painful experiences behind. Looking at the brighter side, I have learned a lot about growing up and life as an adult, the difficulties, challenges and the possible hiccups that would occur to hamper your goals and objectives that you have set for yourself.

2008 was also a year of discovery. Perhaps my uni years has been too brightly litted up as all the hard work that I put in reaped delightful results. In 2008 however, I realized that not all the time when you give in your 100%, you'll get back a 100%. Its true that this is something that I have already known since last time, but the hard part is not that sometimes you don't even get back 50% or nothing, it is when what you get back is negative. I guess this is something you experience quite commonly especially in career life. =)

It was also in 2008 that I discovered the depth of some of my weaknesses and other new weaknesses that I have yet to know in the earlier days of my life. Perhaps God allowed many things to happen in order for me to learn about my weaknesses in preparation to mold me to become a better person for the future. We would never know what God has in mind set out for us and why God allow things to happen. But one thing for sure we can know is that whatever that God does, it is for a positive end.

On a positive note, all the experiences and things that I've discovered and learned would certainly carry me forward and move on to the year 2009 and beyond. Though not expecting any lack of challenges, difficulties and new discoveries, hopefully the year 2009 will see me having more positive days than the year 2008.

As for my new year resolution for the year 2009, let me sit down and think about it more. =)

And to all my loved and treasured ones and great buddies out there (you all know who you are!), thanks a lot for being there for me at various low points of my life in 2008. I bet it has been an eye opener for some of you. =P

Let us move on to 2009 keeping the bond there and tighter and never forgetting each other.

For my brothers, our world may seem to crumble and fall, we may be separated by the miles, mountains, hills and the waters, but we will always be brothers for life!

No comments: